Nabiganj Education Trust UK
"Welcome to the website of Nabigonj Education Trust UK (NET UK)"
- We are delighted that you have taken an interest in our organisation and hope that the website will provide you with an insight into the Trust’s activities and objectives.
- Nabigonj Education Trust UK (NET UK) is a philanthropic organisation formed in 2000 by a number of distinguished Nabiganj Upozila expatriates living in the United Kingdom. Their vision is that Nabiganj develops into a vibrant, economically prosperous and dynamic Upozila in the region and Bangladesh as a whole. The founding members firmly believe that the best way to achieving this vision would be to invest every effort into the education of our Children as they are the future and key to the success of Nabiganj. By supporting and nurturing our Children, we are confident that they can establish themselves in society and be able to positively contribute to thelocal economy and the country with their earned skills, knowledge and areas of expertise.
- Today the NET UK is a well-established and recognised body, both in Nabiganj and in the UK having awarded grants to numerous Schools, Colleges and Madrasas’, distributed text books for Schools, funded award ceremonies to recognise talented children and established an ICT centre in Nabiganj where more than 200 students annually complete recognised IT courses.
- The organisation has a clear and transparent governance structure, with more than 100 Trustees and Management Committees overseeing the administration both in the UK and in Bangladesh.
- The primary focus of the organisation is to provide or assist in the provision of educational opportunities for Children and young people from socially and economically disadvantaged backgrounds in NabigonjUpozila. The NET UK will strive to make a difference in the lives of those who are not fortunate enough to continue their education due to financial or social constraints.
The Aims of Nabigonj Education Trust is to advance education by all or any of the following means:
- To provide financial assistance or scholarship to students of Nabigonj, particularly who are poor and talent in the secondary, higher secondary or in higher or in Islamic education.
- To give grants to educational establishments in Nabigonj Upo-zila area of Bangladesh for the construction or improvement of buildings, purchase of text-book and equipment and for any other educational purposes.
- To award certificates, medals, awards and commendation to students, teachers and organisers who demonstrate outstanding achievement in furtherance of education in Nabigonj.
At a glance, Nabigonj Education Trust Activities include:
- 21 computer sets were given to all colleges, high schools & madrashas in Nabigonj. In 2003, all the computers were donated by Trustees.
- Mahbub Nurul Islam sponsored a student’s university course (in full) for one lakh forty thousand taka.
- Mainul Amin Bulbul & Kamrul Hassan Chunu funded a few local primary schools in Nabigonj with additional teachers.
- In 2008, we set up ICT Centres to provide IT education which is recognised by the Bangladesh Technical Education Board, and again all the computers were donated by trustees. The Centres were furnished by the generosity of the then chair, Mainul Amin Bulbul, and secretary Md Firuj Khan. Every year since 2008, 200-220 students are qualifying with recognised IT certificate training from the Centre.
- A laptop was donated by Md Firuj Khan to a destitute student in Nabigonj via Mayor T Islam Chy.
- Up to date, all expenses incurred by the Trust have been paid by committee members.
- Two two-storied buildings were donated by two Trustees, Enayeth Khan and Maruf Miah, for Nabigonj Degree College.